yep, that is what someone called me this morning.
Andy got held over at work today for mandatory overtime. We found out that he wasn't going to be able to come home about an hour before I was supposed to be at work.....approximately 30 minutes before I needed to leave.
SO I got to go in late and do the MOM thing. It was like riding a bike.....sort of.
I took Tess to school and Kate to preschool. While there was no applause when I drove through the circle drive at Tess's school, I did get a HUGE welcome at Kate's school.
Turns out people miss me....or at least noticed I wasn't coming around as much. One mom, however lovingly I'm sure she meant it to sound, said "hey there absent mom!"
*ouch* dagger to the heart
anywhooooo
I got to see where Kate puts her backpack, she told me the names of her classmates, and each of her teachers got to ask me "Kate is really different than Tess isn't she?" HA! That's an understatement. She's not different in a bad way for sure....but different. And that's a post for another day.
Two more hours of getting to play with my Janey and Andy called saying he would be home soon. Here is the creepy but cool thing about this whole situation. Just yesterday I was thinking that I should take a day off and just hang with the girls....you know, do the routine stuff that isn't part of my routine anymore.
nope, not kidding. I wished for it and it came true....sort of.
GEORGE CLOONEY!
explanation in another post.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment