Tonight we had PT conferences with Tess's 3rd grade teacher, Ms Quackenbush. She's nice enough......but let's talk about Tess.
Another year of us wondering how she is truly doing in class and another year of us coming home with accolades to the point of gushing about our first born.
Seriously, it's kind of embarassing, so stop already.
(not really. I'm a total liar. I love love love hearing that my child is having a successful school year. I also know that we are so blessed to have a healthy happy child.)
Tess is reading, spelling and doing math "well above average" and her testing scores, where they test how many words she reads per minutes, how well she comprehends the material, blah blah blah were crazy high.
We discussed that she hurries through her work and doesn't check her work closely. We discussed that she is "so close" to getting a 100% on her math facts test but keeps missing 1 or 2( it's a test of 100 simple addition/subtraction problems). I even took several of her homework papers to ask questions that we could NOT figure out why she missed points. Let's just say we got "schooled" on ball park estimates. lordy I hate math.
The biggest concern the teacher had about Tess? and I quote...
"Sometimes I have to remind her that she isn't the teacher."
no kidding.
Sometimes I have to remind her that she isn't the mother.
Then we both discussed how we also use her teacherly/motherly characteristics to our advantage to get her to "help" us get things done.......
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment