This mother is SO proud. My buttons are busting with pride.....and fat.....but mostly pride.
On Monday evening Tess told me about Student Council Representative elections being held on Tuesday, and that those wanting to be elected needed to have a "speech" ready to say to the class. Monday night was not one of my better parenting moments. Tess and I ended up having a battle royale for a good part of an hour, then spent another hour doing the "I feel like....." "I'm hearing that you feel......." "Tell me how this made you feel......" post argument stuff that this nerdy mom likes to do. All said and done we ended the evening back on track. Turns out 9 year olds can have bad days just like adults do. huh.
Long story short(too late) we never got to work on a speech like I had told her we would do. In fact I completely and totally blew it off. Never even remembered it, until I came home from work yesterday and found this in her bag......
"Hello 3rd grade! My name is Tess "make you happy" Martens and I have some reasons to elect me as your class representative. 1. I will make sure everyone has an opinion on big class decisions. 2. I will also give respect to everyone. 3. I don't have many rules or regulations and always try to do my best. So vote for Tess "make you happy" Martens for class representative."
She won.
*sigh*
My baby is the student council representative for Ms Q's third grade class and had to be at school early for her very first meeting this morning.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment