All last week I was looking forward to a night out with Andy.
And all last week I was secretly dreading where I was going for my night out with Andy.
The plan was to go to the KU vs MU hockey game at the new Independence Event Center.We had considered alternate plans to go to the Royals game(free tickets) but much to my dismay had decided to go with the Hockey game. We were going with a group of his fire department buddies and it was going to be an "Okay" time.
"Okay" meaning I only watch hockey during the Olympics........ when USA is playing......... for the GOLD.
Did I mention it was date night? An evening out with 20 other people is not my idea of a date, it's a group outing. Definately not a date. Which is funny considering we hardly ever get a chance to go out.....so I should be thankful, right? Anywho......I frumped my way through changing into KU stuff, and we headed to beautiful Independence, MO. Except as we drove by Kauffman, and I sighed an audible sigh, the truck magically took the exit towards the stadium.
Surprise Surprise Surprise.
My man had been planning to take me to the game all along! He got the tickets and even picked out my Royals attire and hid it in the truck! How I love this man!
We had a wonderful kid-free evening. Bruce Chen pitched his first complete game, we sat in several different seats, and even stood out on the party deck when the Ray's right fielder bobbled several hits to the outfield. Heckeling is fun when you aren't being examples for your kids! Yesterday morning, Andy even saw us on television during a highlight reel!
Awe-some!
With my sweetie's arm around me, we watched the fireworks from the upper deck, and I swear they blew up every last one they had. The night out at the ball park ended perfect when we pulled right out of our parking spot and didn't even have to wait to exit the stadium......a bonus for showing up late is that you park in the back of the lot! :)
Thank you Kansas City Royals for a great game.
Thank you Andy Martens for the surprise date.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment