It is barely still Monday, but I can't sleep, so figured I might as well knock this off my To Do list.
1. Why am I still up so late? Because Andy and I had a chance to sit and talk late into the night....alone.....about important things......and some not so important things. THIS NEVER HAPPENS. And now I am wide awake at midnight because, unlike him, I can't just stop talking and shut my brain off for the night.
2. See post from yesterday. AAAHHHHH
3. This weather is a-mazing. The time change? not so much. Yes, I like it not being dark at 6pm, but I also miss it being light when I wake up in the morning. And my kids going to bed on time.
4. Bought the girls Easter dresses this weekend. They all three have such distinct personalities and desires in a dress. My only desire is that the dresses in Tess's age range not look like they were made for a whore. We found two. They all three rate the "twirl factor" in a dress. Meaning, if I spin, does the skirt twirl out around me. If it doesn't score at least an 8, it is a waste of time.
5. Still doing my Lent readings. Every Sunday they give a "catch up" day for any scripture that didn't get read during the week. It's good to know that there are other schmucks like me that need a mulligan every once in a while.
6. The Big 12 tourney was a disappointment as a Jayhawk fan and this fan didn't bother to watch much of the championship game on Saturday. I have to admit, I will take a loss to Baylor in the semi-finals then a potential loss to Missouri in the championship. No way could I let the Tigers have a 2-1 game advantage when they leave this conference. This Friday is a big deal. BIG deal. Rock Chalk Jayhawk, Go KU.
7. So sick of hearing people bitch about Barack Obama. Seriously. Anyone who thinks they can blame this country's troubles on one presidency has lost their minds. We didn't get into financial trouble in four years and we aren't going to fix it in the next four. I don't care WHO wins the presidency. And if I hear one more person complain about paying taxes.....whoowee do NOT get me started. Feel free to go live in a country without all the luxuries you have come to love and expect in America....like paved roads and police/fire departments and yes, WELFARE. Trust me, I see PLENTY of people that abuse the welfare system every damn day of my life. BUT I also see a gazillion more that are trying to feed families of 4+ on $9 an hour...if they can even find a job. Suck it up and pay your taxes people. How else do you expect things to get paid for?
8. Both of my grandmothers have officially crossed the border into dementia land. Thankfully one grandma is being "cared" for in a nursing home, but the other is driving(yikes) around her small town and living alone in her big house. Both of them have similar histories....married 50+ years and have been widowed now for more than 10 years. Both live(d) alone in their original marital homes, are over 80 years old, and deaf as doornails even with hearing aids in. The mind is such an amazing organ, but can really get out of whack quickly. Both grandmas now hear and see things that are not there. Breaks. My. Heart. One grandma thinks that a family with young kids is living in her house and jump on her bed and write all over her arms with a magic marker. The other claims a family, that lived above her first floor apartment, ground up her wedding china and used it to make crack cocaine. I love the brain. I HATE the confusion it can cause with cute little old ladies named Carol and Helen.
9. Finally getting over my cold. Thank you Jesus. My co-workers are still sickly and not recovering very quick. They have a cough, congested heads and chests, and no energy. Just the way a person wants to feel when the weather is 70 degrees.
10. It is officially Tuesday morning, I am still not that tired, and now Jane is coughing. super.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment