I skipped Manic Monday, went right on through Low Tolerence Tuesday and bring you What the ???? Wednesday.....
1. Friday night was Jane's Joyful Noise Preschool Carnival Extravaganza!!!! It was three hours of running from one end of the church to the other trying to win prizes, jump in the bounce houses, get faces painted, sit in the photo booth and eat candy. I was in charge of a bounce house for 30 minutes. Longest 30 mins of my life. Good thing I have no problem disciplining other people's children.
2. I have been trying to get sick for the last week. Just feel crappy enough to need some help sleeping at night and usually a nip, or three, of the nasal spray to help me breathe. People at work are getting SICK, so I am just laying low and trying to be thankful mine is some minor congestion. Nasal spray addiction is no joke though.
3. This Sunday was the first one that my in laws officially attended as potential members in waiting. This was also the Sunday our beloved pastor, Fred, announced he was "retiring from the ministry" and moving on up the corporate ladder to be a district superintendent of churches. He moves in June. I couldn't believe it, and feel pretty bad that Loren and Linda were excited to be a part of Fred's future at our church. He is such a dynamic presence. I am pretty sure this isn't a deal breaker for them, but understand their disappointment.
4. After church we invited my parents and Andy's parents over for what we hope to be a monthly tradition. I have had this dream of hosting a family lunch at our house on the second Sunday of the month...."Second Sunday lunches" I want to call them. Initially I had thought we needed to wait until we had a bigger house. I hate waiting. So this week was impromptu, but I hope to continue with the rest of the immediate family in May (April is Easter Sunday and is at Aunt Pam's). Missy and Ben, you will be getting your formal invite/explanation in an email. Family is such a blessing and MY family is the super duper bestest blessing in my life.
5. We are officially in house selling mode. This weekend we painted our kitchen, painted the downstairs bathroom, and fixed some wall spots in our bedroom. I also purged Jane and Kate's closet of clothing and the hallway closet has some empty shelves now. Feels good, but also feels overwhelming. I have to keep reminding myself that potential lookers know someone lives in the house, I don't have to try and remove every trace of life.....hoping to have the sign in the yard next week sometime.
6. I gave Kate and Jane haircuts Monday night. Kate got a trim of dead ends and bangs and looks older for some reason. Not the outcome I was going for. After seeing Kate getting the salon treatment, Jane decided she would like a haircut. Knowing that this mood wouldn't last long I quickly started cutting. Halfway through she says "Mom! I didn't want it cut shorter, I wanted it cut longer!" My mistake. Anyway, her cute little above shoulder bob is a-dorable.
7. I have a problem with people updating their status to advise the FB world of their every move. I don't care.
8. We have CARF surveyors here at work this week and the whole place is on high alert. These are the people that make or break our funding to serve the population we serve. We cleaned, we painted, we triple checked every chart, we studied our handbook to know where every fire extinguisher is located. You get the picture. Everyone is doing their best to avoid these people in a face to face interview, because nobody wants to be the one that says the wrong thing. Guess who got interviewed by the surveyors........yours truly. Thankfully it was about a topic I know about and I have some previous experience talking to Joint Comission when working at the hospital. One thing I will always use as good advice is to "never give up more information than they ask for...." I was told I did a great job. I'm sure there will be something extra in my next paycheck.....
9. Tess got her braces off yesterday. I wish I had a picture to post, maybe later. She got balloons, a water bottle, and a bunch of ooey gooey treats that she wasn't supposed to eat with braces on. She is to wear a retainer for 2 years or until all her baby teeth come out. I encouraged her to pick a brightly colored retainer to decrease the chances of her losing it..she picked black with daisys on it. Perfect. We were told it was $450 to replace. She knows that she will make $200 if she keeps track of it for the entire time. Money well spent by us, money well earned by her. Her smile is still pretty crooked but the doctor said he was thrilled with the results thus far. We haven't paid him enough to be thrilled so I guess he is being genuine.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment