We had a superific Saturday. It could only have been better if the boy was here, but then we probably would have had plans....or a schedule....or something.
This morning started out with a cute little four year old wanting to snuggle and talk about what is on her birthday list. When I asked which was a bigger deal to her,Christmas or her birthday, she definitively said "my birthday." Shortly after this, I was joined by an equally cute 2 year old wanting to "nuggle" and when asked what she wanted for Christmas, she thought for a minute and then said "stickers."
That can be arranged.
Then this mom helped make two tents out of blankets so cartoons could be watched in style.
Tess worked with passion to put her clothes away and pick up her room. Then she just laid back and read her Nat Geo for Kids magazines and a library book. She finished off her morning playing Wii games.
I stayed in my pjs until noon, picked up K&J's room, and then worked on those projects that I usually walk by thinking "someday when I have time I will do that/finish that/clean up that/clean out that/fix that." You know the kind of project I'm talking about? Not anything significant, but feels good to know you finally got around to getting it done.
The girls and I made "guessing game soup" a.k.a. Vegetable soup, carved pumpkins, played outside, painted fingernails and toenails, and read books on my crazy comfortable deck furniture.
We ended the day by taking a walk/wagon ride/bike ride to my parent's house for supper and an evening with my brother.
You know it has been a good day when the four year old says "I had a great day today, mom" as I'm tucking her tired self into bed tonight.
I totally agree.
AND I got 5 loads of laundry done.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Mom Sarah......you are experiencing every emotion and feeling that every full-time working mom does. Never enough time for everyone or everything. What do I consiously choose to ignore and what am I dedicated to doing, no matter how long I have to stay up at night? These are very hard decisions and working part-time, I think, might be the ultimate luxury for working moms, but alas, not always meant to be. Sounded like Saturday was GREAT fun.....got to snuggle, read books, get a little tasking done and going to Mom's for supper.....I'm glad you had such a great day with MY girls....:)
ReplyDelete