Thursday, February 17, 2011

follow up to last post

After Tess went to bed that night of "enlightenment", I called Andy at the fire department and unloaded.
He didn't seem as moved by the experience as I was.
Maybe it was because I called during the Duke vs North Carolina basketball game......
He swore he was listening to me, but did not seem near as upset as he should have been!
Yes, I know what she is going through is normal, and yes, I know that she is going to experience things like this, and yes, I know that ultimately she will be just fine....
But that doesn't make it any easier.
This is my baby we are talking about. And even though I was calm and reasonable during our conflab, the momma in me wanted to GET FIRED UP about this.
The real reason I called him was to let him know we had arrived. We are here. The peer groups and friendship cliques have started.... and our oldest is only a third grader. I am so not ready for this. She is too young and I am not emotionally or mentally tough enough yet to cope.

and I have THREE daughters.

No comments:

Post a Comment