Monday, April 9, 2012

I heart Easter!

The older I get, the more I am realizing that Easter is surpassing Thanksgiving as my favorite holiday. Turkey day is great, but I think I liked the day because of the food, the family time, my birthday! and the day after shopping tradition......
Yesterday as I was sitting in church I was overcome by how happy I felt. My girls and I had a fun morning getting ready in their Easter finest, even letting me curl their hair! We went to church and everyone is smiling, dressed up, the church pews are full of people, we sang uplifting Easter hymns(Christ the Lord is Risen Today! Alleluia!)the sun was shining.....it just felt so JOYful. While I was listening to the church choir, of which all four of my parents plus my husband were a part of, I realized what this day really meant to me... this holiday is the very foundation of my Christian beliefs. Christ died for me. For ME. I feel sorry for anyone who doesn't have that knowledge and understanding....it makes Easter Sunday just any other Sunday of the year. How BOR-ING.

These are my Easter beauties....love Tess's banged up legs(which horrified her when she put on her dress and realized it wasn't long enough to cover her scrapes and bruises.) and Jane's pulled up hair with curls. All three girls had pedicures done by yours truly on Saturday to match their dresses. Jane has been waiting a month to wear that dress and only agreed to take it off to climb Aunt Pam's tree.

No, our Easter clothes are not new.....just recycled outfits, that amazingly still fit, from years gone by. Our love isn't new either, but thankfully, still fits us just fine too.

No comments:

Post a Comment