Wednesday, April 4, 2012

What the ??? Wednesday

1. We had a great weekend outside.......
It seemed crazy to get the sprinkler and swimsuits out this weekend but the girls begged and since water is "free".....why not? We also washed the car which was super fun. I think more water got on them than on the car.

2. With this unseasonably warm weather came the need to turn on the AC. I know of many diehards that held out and are thankful for the cooler air this week. All I know is that the nights before we turned on the AC I slept like poop. The night after we turned on the AC was awesome. I imagine we will turn it back off eventually, or turn it up so it rarely comes on, because this record setting weather can't replace Spring!


3. This Sunday was one of my favorite holidays in the church. Palm Sunday! I love the music and I love the parade of kids marching through the church waving palm fronds. Why yes, I do have pictures of the girls doing this......thank you for asking. Will post later.


4. When it was rainy and dismal, our yard was all wonky looking, and our landscaping needed serious attention...we had two showings each week. Now that the weather is lovely, our yard looks like carpet, and our landscaping is full of gorgeous new plant life....nothing. Hopeful that it picks up soon. Keeping a house this clean is rough!


5.Tess is starting to play on a competitive basketball league this month. We went to watch the team play on Friday night in a tournament at William Jewell. The girls already on the team have been practicing for a while now and many have played at this level for several years. Holy cow. Tess was at the "top of the food chain" so to speak in KHRA and will go to being "food" in this league. We are excited for her to learn skills and discipline through this league..thankful she already has the hustle and competitive drive. Tess won't play in games until she gets some more practice time, but Andy has been working with her and she is praciticing skills on her own. We are making her dribble around the entire cul de sac and then up and down the street with Andy playing defense against her. I apologize to the neighbors ahead of time for the constant sound of a dribbling basketball...


6. KU lost in the championship game to a better team. period. They played like junk the first half and in true KU style, made it a better game in the second half. There was a fleeting second where I thought a miracle might happen....but then Elijah traveled before shooting(and making) a three pointer. That felt like a dagger to our chances. People were pretty nice at work about it, but I simply cannot stand people that have no clue about the game of basketball trying to critique it with me the next day. We both know the only reason they even knew the game was on was because it interrupted their regularly scheduled programming that night.


7. Three people won the Mega Millions lottery last week. Rest assured one of them was not me. I have been thinking about what I would do with the money though....but that sounds like a fun post for another day. This McMillions story about the McDonalds worker that bought the office pool ticket, and her own(winning)ticket, is making me laugh.


8. Third quarter grades were brought home last week and neither girl is flunking their respective grade. I have high hopes that Tess will get her second academic achievement award (for all As in all four quarters) but will keep my wishing to myself. She already puts more pressure on her shoulders than I ever could. I hate that and love that. There is a project at school due today that she has been worrying about for a week. Her group did not get the project to "work" so she fretted all weekend about her grade, only to learn that the final presentation could be about "why the project failed" if needed. This is the second time that her teacher has challenged her regarding a project that didn't result in success, one of which I suspect the teacher sabotaged Tess on purpose (which I am totally cool with in this case). So thankful that she worked through the problems, worked with her project group, and talked with her teacher about what some solutions could be.


9. Caught Jane singing "We goin' off the rails on a crazy train!" yesterday. this girl is so funny.


10. I posted on FB this weekend the picture below with the caption "I wish everyone could have a deck or patio like mine....pretty sure World Peace would soon follow". I also wish everyone could have comfortable wicker furniture like mine. It is an investment, but totally worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment