Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Poem for Tess

Today begins the first day of MAP testing for Tess. The teachers asked parents to send notes of encouragement to the kiddos for them to read each morning before starting the exams. I am confident that my darling did not need a pep talk to get started, she is actually looking forward to several days of standardized tests.......I have to admit that I enjoyed these tests taking marathons myself when I was a student. Anyway, I had a few extra minutes at work one day(wink wink) and found myself creating a poem....I am no lyrical genius, this much is for sure, but I do love my daughter and can manage to rhyme a few words...like Tess and mess. Enjoy!

I have the most beautiful daughter named Tess
sometimes her closet is a mess
She has gorgeous brown eyes
and thick luscious hair
and long legs that reach to the skies

Have I mentioned how much I love this girl?

If you would like to hear a sound like an angel from above
just listen to her voice and you will fall in love.
If you want to be amazed at how much the brain can know
just ask her a question and she will put on quite a show.

Have I mentioned how much I love this girl?

Her laugh is melodic and her cry just breaks my heart
If you ever get the chance to meet her, you will love her right from the start!
Tess has it all! Of that you can be sure.....
Even though some days her fast talking leaves us all in a blur.

Have I mentioned how much I love this girl?

She is my JOY, she is my shining light.
She makes me smile, even on days when we fight.
It is no secret that she is my "mini-me"
though she soon will top my height of 5 foot 3.

Have I mentioned how much I love this girl?

I love to think of how far she will go in life
and I long to protect her from unpleasant strife.
But all I can do is pray to God above
that my amazing Brogan Tess is showered by His love.

Have I mentioned how much I love this girl?

So my dear sweet Tess, as you are taking this exam
remember that no matter what, your proud mother is who I am....
Please don't worry, don't fret, don't even lose any sleep
You are my oldest blessing and my love you can ALWAYS keep.

I love you!
Mom
Spring 2012

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful way for Tess to feel at ease with testing....knowing her Mom loves her sooooo much.......way to go, Mom!

    ReplyDelete