Friday, April 27, 2012

TGIF

1. Here is it already Friday(Hooray) and I have been trying all dang week to get this post done. In two days I should be doing another one....that being said...
2. I am REALLY not fond of the updates to this blog site. In the past I was able to easily, and quickly(!)download pictures from my phone straight to the blog. Not so much anymore. This post is definately going to suffer without the pictures. sorry.
3. Last Saturday was my darling niece Amelia's first birthday. **insert cute picture here** My SIL and BIL threw a great party and it is still pretty shocking that she has been around for a whole year.
4. On the way to my darling niece Amelia's first birthday party, my MIL and FIL were in a car accident. **insert tragic car picture here** Thankfully no one was hurt, but the car was totaled. The man that caused the accident didn't even say he was sorry. Who doesn't say "I'm sorry" for causing an accident that totals someone's car? jerk.
5. Our realtor talked us into having an Open House on Sunday. I will just d-i-e if no one comes. Someone, please come walk around our house, even if it is just to be nosey! but not in a creepy way.
6. I decided to cut off my loooonng hair. **insert picture of what I consider long hair** When I told Jane that I was getting my hair cut off she said "but moms have hair!" When I asked if I would still be her mom without hair, she said "No, you would be a dad!" Thankfully the hair is gone and back to my normal, and Jane didn't go to school saying she has two dads. (at least we haven't gotten any calls from the teachers yet) And note to anyone who reads this.....next time I mention thinking about growing my hair out, slap me. hard.
7. Tess has her fourth basketball practice with the competition team this week and came home gassed and on the verge of tears. This is her first experience with a fun little thing called CONDITIONING. The coach makes them run liners at the end of the practice and if they don't do it in the specified amount of time, he makes them run it again. The "Q" word crossed her mind, she admitted, but after we had a heart to heart discussion she decided to stick it out for the season. The best part was when she was describing the pain she felt while running and I realized she had no idea what exercising when you are out of shape feels like.....I described the pain in the legs, the burning in the lungs, the feeling like you might vomit....she looked at me like I was going to tell her she had some medical disorder, when I said "oh honey, that is called being out of shape! Now do you understand why mommy hates exercising so much? Because since I don't do it often enough, I feel like that almost every time I work out!" We shall see how she does with sports moving forward. It is so hard to explain to her(without scaring the crap out of her) that from now on the coaches don't coddle them and the conditioning gets harder. Hoping that our Samantha will have some words of wisdom for her about how to grow thicker skin and want something enough to handle adversity. Tough reality for 10 years old.
8. I went for my six month skin cancer check and had to have a biopsy off my back. good times. It does worry me that I was able to grow something new in six months, during the six months my skin sees no sun. yikes. Hopeful for good news.
9. Yesterday was Take Your Kid To Work Day. No, neither of my kids got to participate. Yes, I did get sad faces and the whiney "why can't you work somewhere that lets kids come visit?" speech. Sorry girls. Your parents choose health care, and your mother choose mental health care, which is the most protected of all health care information. Why can't they instead think I'm cool because of such restricted access?
10. Jane came home from preschool on Monday telling me she had a new laugh. I asked her to show me. She said "well, say something funny", so I did. She then laughed like this...HAHAHAHAHA...in the most abrasive harsh way, similar to a donkey braying loudly. I told her it was pretty good. She said thank you, in her cute little soft spoken way.

No comments:

Post a Comment