Thursday, November 19, 2009

Awww, shucks........

Today I had a really cool, humbling experience.
Every month we celebrate the patient birthdays on our unit by having a party with cake, ice cream, and music. It is a chance for everyone to forget that they are in a hospital, on a special diet, have no place to call home, etc. etc. etc. Let's just say it's a good time.... every time.
This month there were no patient birthdays, so guess who got to have an entire party dedicated to her.........
ME!
What an honor. I mean that with all seriousness. The party started when I was back in the breakroom eating my lunch. Someone came back and asked me to come out to the front desk for a minute, and yes, I fell for it. When I got out to the dayroom everyone started singing!
It was Super Cool!
Many of you know my job, and some of you have probably heard some of my better stories about the people I work with. I have been called things that would make a sailor blush, been physically threatened more times than I would ever admit to my mother, and even had a curse placed on my unborn child(that was on Kate, by the way........explains a lot doesn't it? haha) And tomorrow, there is a good chance that one of those examples might happen again. But for today, for those wonderful, magical 30 minutes, I was the SuperStar of unit 3C.
Hope your day had that kind of JOY.
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment