Saturday, November 28, 2009

Pre-Surgical funnies

As Tess is taking her night before surgery shower, complete with antibacterial soap, she tells me "Mom, my tonsils and I have changed our minds.....we do NOT want to do this."

I try and explain that it is okay to be scared, that dad and I are scared too.......we are trusting someone we barely know with our child's life.....which when said out loud sounded ludicrous that we would even consider agreeing to this surgery!

Tess tells me that she is afraid that the doctor will decide to be funny and say "look everyone, I can do this with my eyes closed!" while operating. She was serious. My child is soooo like me....we worry about the strangest things, except in our minds they are legitimate problems!

Finally she tells me that she wants us to just keep acting like it is no big deal....."you know mom, just be cool" "If you start to freak out, then I will too."

Anyone who has met me knows that it takes a lot for me to freak out. If anything, I tend to under-react. But when they put the surgery cap on my little girl and we watched them wheel her into the operating room,
I FELT LIKE FREAKING OUT.

While no one was looking, the Mayor went a little crazy......

1 comment:

  1. I do not blame you a bit. I would have been "freaking out" with you. I couldn't force myself to come watch....what a chicken Grandma Tess has!

    ReplyDelete