I need to blog about so many different things...none of them worth making a whole post about.
1. It snowed today! The first snow of the season and my girls were screaming with excitement when they woke up to see it. Even though it was a wet, ugly, barely cover the grass type of snow.....it brought that JOY that I love to see in their eyes. Kate was outside playing in it by 8:30am.
2. While she was playing in the snow, my friend and co-worker Terrence called to tell us that he became a father lastnight! M'Brace Roberta Turner weighed in at 6lbs 6oz and is 19inches long. Andy, the girls, and I went to visit and spoil them this morning. I wish them much love and God's continued grace in their lives. Pray for Terrence as he becomes a father to a little girl. He has no idea how much JOY comes with that job.
3. By this time next week, Tess will have undergone surgery to remove her tonsils, adenoids, and have the tissue in her nose cauterized to reduce inflammation. My beautiful girl hasn't taken a clear breath of air through her nose in years due to allergies. I can't describe how it feels to be so excited for her post-surgery results while still agonizing over the actual surgery and post-surgery healing. I know this is a very routine procedure, and we have complete faith in her physician, but that doesn't stop the worry. We are so blessed to have such healthy children. I pray that this is the biggest medical issue we have with our girls for a very long time. Pray for Tess, pray for us, pray for those taking care of our little girl during and after the surgery. God is good.
4. This blogger has been S-I-C-K. I know it is health care blasphemy to say that a flu vaccination was the cause of my illness.....but I'm just sayin'..........
I got the H1N1 vaccine on Thursday and was feeling fine and dandy. Friday my head and neck were achy and I had simple cold like symptoms. Saturday night I was throwing up every hour and my joints felt like they were on fire. Coincidence? I THINK NOT!
I have never gotten a flu vaccine in all my 15 years of health care. No evidence based reason, I just chose not to. This year I still didn't get the regular flu vaccine, however they offered the H1N1 for free at work, so I figured I'd try and prevent bringing home this big bad bug to the girls. Did I mention that no one else in my family got sick(thank you Jesus) and we had all eaten the same food? It was a rough weekend, but today I ate real food, for the first time since Saturday, and it tasted pretty darn good. My thanks and complete love to my husband for taking over this small business we call a family.
And now for the apology that is a week overdue!
I just knew I would forget to mention someone in my Veterans' Day tribute to all the military people in my life. So here goes my apology and salute....
Our Grandpa Cecil Turley for his service in the Air Force.
This is the only grandpa I have left that I can wrap my arms around in a hug.
Sorry Grandpa, I love you.
(Many thanks to those of you that reminded me)
It was a cold blechy day in Crazytown too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment