Happy Birthday to my favorite 4 year old!
Last night the Martens/Greiner families took a much needed break from Christmas to celebrate our Kate Sinclaire Martens turning 4 years old. Even though there are still signs of Christmas everywhere....and I do mean EVERYWHERE in our house, we made the party as non-Christmasy as we could. We served her favorite meal, spaghetti, to about 20 people(we sure missed the family and friends that couldn't come for one reason or another....mostly due to the weather!) and had a great time opening (more!) gifts. This birthday has been much anticipated because it makes her one year closer to being "big like Tess" which is her ultimate goal. I don't have the heart to remind her that Tess gets older every year too. So to keep it fair amongst the girls.....something I will forever be trying to do.....I will list the 4 things I love about Kate. (I did the 8 things I love about Tess for her 8th birthday, just in case you are a newbie to this blog)
The 4 things I love about Kate:
1. She is perfectly comfortable(and confident) playing dinosaurs and trucks while wearing her Sleeping Beauty dress, make-up, and loads of jewelry.
2. Even when she is scared/shy she says "My brain is telling me to be brave!"
3. "Guess what.......Chicken Butt!" It is funny every time.
4. She will tell you, with all seriousness, that she wants to be a lion when she grows up.
I love you my wonderful child.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment