Thursday, December 31, 2009

Hey Sarah, what are you doing for New Years Eve?

Same thing I did last year, and the year before that.....just hangin' with my girls!

For the third year in a row Andy is working for the Fire Department, and we are at home, trying to make today feel somehow "different" than every other day.

So far it isn't working.

I'm still doing laundry, picking up each room a bazillion times trying to keep the new Christmas toys from over-taking the house, breaking up "fights" between the sisters, getting into fights with them myself over picking up toys, cleaning their rooms, stop shouting while Jane's napping, and so on and so on and so on......Isn't it a wonder that I can stay so down to earth amidst all this glamour?

So I am ready to stop feeling sorry for myself and start making this day what it really is......a gift. There are so many people that would give anything to have the kind of blah day that we are having! 2009 was a good year for this family, and I know that is a blessing, considering it was filled with hardships and loss for so many others.

Tonight we are going to splurge and order pizza, bake some cookies, drink some sparkling apple cider(that "comes in a wine bottle!" exclaims Kate) and try to stay awake long enough to see the clock turn 12:00am.........well, maybe the clocks in New York are the ones we will go by.

No comments:

Post a Comment