Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Get it together Woman!

Today I completely forgot about our Parents as Teachers visit. Both girls and I were still in our pajamas at 11:30, there was crap everywhere, and we were in the process of trying to wrap some Christmas presents.....with a 3 year old and a 1 year old.....get the picture? SO, when Marla, God love her, pulls into the driveway, initially I think "how lazy. this is a cul-de-sac, don't use my driveway to turn around!" and then a split second later realize "holy S#$*! That's Marla!"
I run upstairs, change into some jeans, put on a bra(!) and look in the mirror.....while telling my 3 year old to pick up the living room, open the door and let Marla in, don't let Jane have the scissors, and maybe solve world peace too. AARRGGGHH.
Luckily, Marla is ultra-cool and I can shout downstairs to her "hold on, I'm putting on a bra" and not be completely embarressed. As I come into the living room I am grabbing things and throwing them into a pile in the corner, apologizing, smoothing my bed-head down, and wiping the wet mascara marks, from my freshly applied make-up, off my eyelids. I hate the conversation that happens next:
"Sarah, don't worry about it! I love this! Everytime I come here your house is so perfect, and I hated you for always being the most together mother ever!"
Busted.
I have such a love/hate feeling about having this conversation. On the one hand, I love that people really think I have it so together all the time.....but on the other hand, it's the not-so-together moments that make me laugh the hardest. AND give me blog material to bring others JOY.

No comments:

Post a Comment