Monday, December 21, 2009

Jesus is the reason for the season!

I really despise when people write
Merry X-Mas!
That takes the whole purpose out of wishing someone a
Merry CHRISTmas!
Even Kate knows that JESUS is the reason for the season.
She came home from spending the day with Grandma Ann with a "new" fact..
"Hey mom, guess what I learned today?!"
"What?"
"Jesus is the reason of the season!"
"What does that mean Kate?"
"Jesus's birthday is Christmas Day!"
Yes! child #2 gets it! One more girl to go!

The best Christmas present I have EVER received was Christmas morning 2005. Christmas fell on a Sunday, and our family of three(soon to be 4! in 2 days) was lighting the Advent candles in church that morning. When we got up in front of the church Tess told Pastor Fred that she had something to say.
Andy and I looked at each other with the same thought..."oh crap, she is going to start talking about her presents from Santa!"
Instead my precious 4 year old child confidently said "Glory to God in the highest and on Earth, peace to all men." (this was her line from the Christmas pageant a few days before)
I started to cry(I don't know if it was more out of pride or relief!) and the congregation was one big gasp/sigh of surprise. After church we heard so many compliments of how that was such a Christmas blessing for them, and that it was so great to know that she "got it"....."It" being the real meaning of Christmas.
It is my Christmas wish that my girls will not only realize the true meaning of Christmas, but share the message with anyone and everyone that will listen!
Thanks for listening.

No comments:

Post a Comment