Addendum to previous post: About 5pm one of Tess's classmates called and invited her over to spend the night. She was thrilled, Kate was heart broken.
When I say heart broken, I mean devastated. Complete anguish. Total mental breakdown.
Her crying was gutteral, to the point of almost throwing up. Sometimes Kate is a pretty good fake cryer, but this time it was genuine. It made my heart break seeing her so sad. She really wanted her sister to stay home.....but more importantly, she wanted to have a friend to hang out with too.
"Whhhhhhy can't I be big toooooo?"
"Eeeevverrrybooooddy's bigger than meee!"
"I waaaaannnnnt to grow up toooooooo!"
"It's taaaaakking soooo looong!"
So I held her tight, let her scream(she was seriously scream-crying) and promised to buy her anything she wanted to eat for our "party" tonight.
Sometimes money can buy happiness. It has cost me 15 bucks, but we are happy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

This makes my heart break, too. I need to tell Miss Kate (or you can pass the message along) that Mimi had to watch her big brother do all kinds of things that she was too "little" to do, and it just wasn't fair. :-)
ReplyDelete