Friday, November 18, 2011

November 18th

Tonight I am totally thankful for some really great praise music. I didn't really know much about Christian rock music until I started to get involved with our teenagers at church. Every Wednesday night we have Worship after Bible Study, led by a praise band. A few years ago I didn't know a single word, didn't enjoy it, preferred singing the "oldies but goodies" from the hymnal on Sunday morning.
I am a changed person.
Now I have a huge playlist of praise music and love to worship with music led by a praise band....I am especially smitten with "The Journey" praise band on Saturday nights at our church. Really talented group of musicians and they don't sing the typical I heart Jesus music, if you know what I mean.
If you don't, it's because you haven't been to the Journey service and you should go!
Anyway, tonight I was running(don't laugh) on the treadmill and I decided to switch it up and listen to my worship playlist.
These are the songs I think are the bomb-diggity....for a variety of reasons.
You are my Joy--DCB
Trouble Won't Go--Enter the Worship Circle
Wrap Me in Your Arms--Fifty Seven Seven
Beautiful, Beautiful--Francesca Battistelli
Please Be My Strength and Beautiful Things--Gungor
Always--Kristian Stanfill
So Long Self--MercyMe
Funky Jesus Music--TobyMac
Catchafire--TobyMac
Be Glorified--Tim Hughes
Hungry--Joy Williams
Oh, Happiness--DCB

All of these songs either have lyrics that totally speak to me, or they just have the ability to make me want to dance and move! I totally encourage you to check them out. Even though I didn't list this song above, hands down, my favorite music lyrics come from the David Crowder Band's "How He Loves".......it makes my heart sing and my brain cry when I think about the complete peace it makes me feel.
The songs opens with "He is jealous for me...."
makes me feel so WOW.
and then I love the lyric "If His grace is an ocean, we're all sinking"
Double WOW.

I so wish this kind of music had been a part of my teenage years........so thankful that it is a part of my adult years.

No comments:

Post a Comment