Friday, November 4, 2011

November 4th

Mother's Intuition. Either you have it, or you don't.....and chances are if you don't, it's because either you are not a mother(yet) or you are a boy.

Tonight I stopped at Kohls to pick up a quick gift. I was on my way to the check out when I saw this young mother, carrying a toddler, with "the look". I walked passed her and then turned around to see her quickly scanning between clothing racks walking quickly.
Yep, she was looking for her child.
Then I heard the familiar soft scream, "Maa-son!" said softly to not induce panic in others, or in the herself.
I know this scream because I HAVE BEEN THERE. Probably why I recognized "the look". Anyway,
I knew this lady needed help, and I just could not walk away.
Did I mention, I HAVE BEEN THERE.
So I turn around, set down my purchase, and fast walk to catch up with her.
Long story short, it took two MORE moms to surround, wrangle, and hold Mason while his mother caught up with us. She dropped to her knees, hugged the boy and did the sob-scold..."you scared me! Please don't ever do that again!"
She thanked us profusely as we offered to help her to the car.
Did I mention Mason thought running from mom was fun?
She called her friend who was shopping in a different area of the store while we each held onto Mason.
Friend came, mom thanked us again while wiping the tears from her eyes.
The other mother and I both said "Don't mention it..... WE HAVE BEEN THERE."
I am thankful for mother's intuition. I knew the expression on that mother's face was not "where is that rug I saw in the ad?"
It was "My child is gone. I cannot belive this is happening to me."
Been there, done that.

No comments:

Post a Comment