Sunday, November 6, 2011

November 6th

On the sixth day of November the good Lord gave to me......
The gift of a la-zy Suuundaaay.

I love Sundays. The older I get, the better the chance, that Sunday is going to replace Thursday as my favorite day of the week! Seriously.
Every Sunday morning at our house starts at 8am with the musical trumpets of CBS Sunday Morning. Andy and I love that show. It entertains, it educates, it gives me a reason to sit still in the morning and say "sshhh" to my kids.
Then the Martens 5 start the process of getting four girls and one boy ready for church. This time of year our biggest fashion dilemas come when trying to decide which shade of pink leggings (pronouced legguns at our house) to wear with the Sunday dress.
Church is just "aahhh" time. Time to relax, recharge my mind, and rejoice in worship.
We get home, eat lunch, throw the dishes in the dishwasher and then throw ourselves on the couch.
Delightful. Simply the best.
Today I spent the majority of my afternoon telling the girls to "sshhh" while I checked my eyelids for holes.
I am so thankful that God created this 7th day for resting.

No comments:

Post a Comment