Sunday, November 20, 2011

November 20th

Today I am thankful that I have officially caught the holiday spirit.
I love Christmas shopping. Love Love Love it!!
Every year the Adopt a Family list at our work gets longer and longer. Last year there were 28 families that met the criteria, this year there are 40. As of Friday last week, there were still 14 families that had not been adopted.
Makes my heart hurt.
I am so lucky to be a part of a Med Services team at work that picks the biggest family and goes above and beyond to make sure the kids, and adults, have a wonderful Christmas. My parents and our family also adopted a family. This year a former co-worker and his family have fallen on hard times and need a little help having a merry Christmas. And there will be a chance to adopt some of the teenagers from the Watkins Mill Youth Detention Facility here in Kearney thru our church. Did I mention there are still 14 families that need to be adopted at work?
Yep, I am planning to look thru the list one more time.........
Andy and I have a little joke that this time of year I am going to spend every extra penny we make on people we don't even know....
It just feels JOYful to spend money on one more person, rather than money to buy us one more thing that we don't even really need.
This holiday season I want to give until my giver is sore.
YOU SHOULD DO THIS TOO!
I am thankful that the Christmas Spirit is alive and well in this house.

No comments:

Post a Comment