Really thankful for forgiveness.......
A few days ago I forgot about a mother that was sitting in our waiting room. She had come to the office over her lunch break to pick up a script for her son. Her really sick son. I was notified of her arrival by the front desk, finished a task I was doing, and then went to lunch.
When I got back from lunch, like a whole hour later, there was a voice message waiting on my phone from her saying she had waited as long as her job would allow and would I please mail the script because she can't leave work easily to come back up to the office.
*sigh*
After I realized what an ass I had been, I called her and had to leave a message for her.
I apologized. Totally owned my mistake. Said that I was so very sorry and asked for her forgiveness.
About an hour later I got a message from her. .......she has the thickest southern drawl.......saying "everyone makes mistakes Sarah. You have always been so good to my son, that this is just no big deal. I forgive you..apology accepted."
Forgiveness is a big deal.
I'm going to make an effort to try it more often.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment