I want to try something not that unique. For every day of November I am going to blog something I am thankful for. I also hope to throw in some blogs about giving, which I am thankful for the ability to do.
Some posts may be a sentence or two, and some a paragraph explaining why a particular item is worth mentioning. I hope to even put a picture or two, or twenty, with my thoughts.
If this isn't something you care to read, I will see you again in December.
I am so thankful for books.
Books, books, and more books, please.
--I am really looking forward to cold nights, warm blankets, and a hot drink.......and a BOOK.
--These days I pretty much only read non-fiction. It seems like I have read most fictional story plots anyway and I don't get excited by sci-fi or fantasy. The real world is thrilling enough for my suburbia brain.......
--When I go to the library it is a scheduled event, and Andy knows not to expect me home for an hour. I leave the library with at least 10 books, so if a book doesn't catch my interest, I have another to start reading right away......my time is too precious to waste on a dull book.
--What a JOY that my girls love to read as much as I do. I have to scold Tess to turn off the light at night and stop reading. Kate is working on a chapter book with few pictures(in Kindergarten!)
--I have decided not to read a book based on its poor taste in covers, whether it was offensive or simply boring, or weird.
--I read the entire Twilight Saga in a little over a week. It took over a week because I had to put the final book on hold at the library and wait for it.
*disclaimer* I was(and still am) not into the whole Twilight hysteria at all. Ask my teenagers. They had to MAKE me watch the first movie, about a year after it came out. After seeing that movie I was told the book was better and decided to give it a go. OMG....I was hooked on that lady's writing and became a reading zombie. Pretty sure I neglected the husband and kids that week, and I did read way into the wee morning hours a couple times.
--I have never read a Harry Potter book and don't plan to.
--I found the name of my first born in a book. I believe the name of the book was "Birthright"
--My special bedtime routine with Kate is lines from three of her favorite books. EVERY night I say "I love you my wonderful child"(I Love You Stinky Face) and "Good night Ladybug girl"(Adventures of Ladybug Girl) and "Bon Appetit"(Fancy Nancy) to her....in that order. If I forget any of them, she calls me out.
--Jane loves books about underwear. She has at least three.
--I can't read in the car for very long...I get motion sick.....totally is a great way to pass the time
--I belonged to a book club once...and it was more to get the free bag than to purchase books cheap. I cancelled as soon as I met my quota.
--I fantasize of a vacation where I am on a beach and get to read for MOST of the trip
--I don't think that guys that read are sexy.
--I prefer paperback over hard cover and I rarely purchase a book. THEY ARE FREE AT THE LIBRARY!
--I wish I could say I had read all the "classics" but I have not....that is on my bucket list for sure
--The movie is never as good as the book. period.
--I am on TEAM EDWARD
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

We need to start our own book club. Me, you, Panera, whoever else wants to join.
ReplyDelete